Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Can I move photos back and forth between LR 4 and LR5?  (Read 2045 times)
aross007

« on: October 31, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
ReplyReply

I have LR 4, and have signed up for the "Photographers Special" CC license which includes LR 5.  I have a desire to run Lightroom on 3 machines.  I know that I can move the catalog and files from 4 to 5, and since I plan to use LR 4 on a laptop for travel I could probably continue to move them into the LR 5 catalog at the end of the trip.  But what if I wanted to move a collection that I had processed in 5 back to 4? would that work?

Thanks,
Alan
Schewe

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:48:51 PM »
ReplyReply

But what if I wanted to move a collection that I had processed in 5 back to 4? would that work?

Nope…if you have a license to LR4 you might as well get the upgrade ($79 US) so you can run three seats of LR5. Trying to work in LR4 & 5 will be messy!
wolfnowl

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Indeed.  By LR 5.2 there are too many upgrades over LR4.  IF you were to stick with the same sliders that are available in LR 4 and export the metadata out to the files from LR 5 then re-import the images into LR 4... what I'm saying is that it gets really complex really fast.  Jeff's suggestion is much better.

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
aross007

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Gentlemen - I'll take your advice!

Alan
Daniel Johnson

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »
ReplyReply

So... I upgraded awhile back from LR4 to LR5 -- but LR4 was not automagically uninstalled. Any reason not to uninstall 4?
RikkFlohr

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
ReplyReply

If you don't need it, you can get rid of it.
It doesn't hurt anything to leave it there either.

Rikk Flohr
Sagas in Light
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad