Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 07/07/2013  (Read 529 times)
Riaan van Wyk

« on: November 12, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Thoughts please?
Christoph C. Feldhaim

There is no rule! No - wait ...

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
ReplyReply

First I think you did well with the exposure time - I like the way the waves are represented.
Second - I think you could get rid of most of the sky (but not all) - it doesn't add much and competes with the waves.
If this makes your aspect ratio too wide you might want to crop a bit from the left and right - but thats dangerous - there are many beautiful colors.
Third- since this is possibly more an abstract than a naturalistic photograph I'd mess with it:
Color, tones, detail - pull the registers to exaggerate the message - the image allows it IMO.
Room to play !

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:14:13 PM by Christoph C. Feldhaim » Logged

langier

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Great image well done with good color! Just needs fine-tuning, IMO. Some burning upper left to keep the eye from wondering and a little dodging on the waves to make them pop.

Larry Angier
ASMP, NAPP, ACT, and many more!

Webmaster, RANGE magazine
Editor emeritus, NorCal Quarterly

web--http://www.angier-fox.photoshelter.com
facebook--larry.angier
twitter--#larryangier
google+LarryAngier
wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »
ReplyReply

First I think you did well with the exposure time - I like the way the waves are represented.
Second - I think you could get rid of most of the sky (but not all) - it doesn't add much and competes with the waves.
If this makes your aspect ratio too wide you might want to crop a bit from the left and right - but thats dangerous - there are many beautiful colors.
Third- since this is possibly more an abstract than a naturalistic photograph I'd mess with it:
Color, tones, detail - pull the registers to exaggerate the message - the image allows it IMO.
Room to play !
I agree.  I'd remove about half the sky - the clouds are interesting and the waves are interesting, but they cause the eye to bounce back and forth.  Nicely done!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
francois

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 02:05:51 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm with Mike but I think that darkening the sky might be enough [vs cropping]. The real show is not the sky.
Other that, it's a beautiful image.

Francois
Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you all for looking, it's appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad