Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Lightroom Preview writing  (Read 815 times)
mtomalty

« on: November 13, 2013, 03:01:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi

On a Mac platform with LR 4.4 installed where can I go to have background preview writing enabled?
I'm importing 1000's of files and,currently, after import LR only writes previews that are directly visible in the Library pane.
Once the previews for the visible images are displayed I have to manually scroll so that LR continues the process.

Thanks,
Mark
www.marktomalty.com
tomrock

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:53:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Library Menu -> Previews -> Build
Dan Glynhampton

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:49 AM »
ReplyReply

When the import screen is displayed, look at the top of the right hand side for the File Handling Panel, and select "1:1 previews" there. Lightroom should then build the previews for all of the imported images once the import completes.
elied

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:40:55 AM »
ReplyReply

When the import screen is displayed, look at the top of the right hand side for the File Handling Panel, and select "1:1 previews" there. Lightroom should then build the previews for all of the imported images once the import completes.
Making across the board 1:1 Library previews seem to me an incomprehensible waste of time and disk space. Will you really zoom to 1:1 in the library loupe view for thousands of shots? Why else do you need high rez previews? Better to wait a few seconds for one to be rendered if and when needed.

Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams the news
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad