Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Live View D700  (Read 1713 times)
Rob C

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »
ReplyReply

LuLa is one site!

I finished lunch, steeled myself to snapping point and pulled the camera from the cabinet.

Yep, the 'Lock' switch was turned on, simply because it always is, because I can only use the central focussing point due to manual lenses, and have locked the focus point to the centre. As a result, I forget about it and all of the other stuff that I have never wanted to use. Lesson learned! To be truthful, I didn't even see the thing earlier on during my battle with the machine.

I am now able to move the screen around exactly as I already could with images in the card.

Thany you all again - what would  I do without you!

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Rob,
Tripod creep has been a problem forever. The cork or rubber friction material never seemed to do its job with even a moderate telephoto. It is easily but somewhat expensively solved with an "L" plate from Really Right Stuff or Kirk Enterprises. These plates are machined to wrap around the bottom of the camera preventing any rotation. My plate goes on the day I get the camera and pretty much never comes off. The added benefit is that it keeps the camera centered over the tripod instead of cantilevering it out to the side when switching to a vertical orientation. This is a much more stable position.

Regards,

Jim

An even better option - were it available or even affordable - would be a full-frame digital Hassy 500CM, that square being both a beautiful shape in its own right, as well as a most convenient format for cropping to suit!

Rob C

Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad