Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: photoprocessing software when travelling  (Read 9064 times)
Mike Fewster

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 06:57:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Bob. I noted that. I want to have a closer look at the specs to see which model I need. I think I might need the 512 size, which looks pricey. Either that or I'll need to look at the connectivity and continue to also carry a small hard drive. I also want to know (haven't seen it mentioned) about the recharging. My ultrabook needs a small brick as well in my luggage. But yes, this looks to be the breakthrough.
I am currently travelling in Italy, with the ultrabook with LR installed plus a hard drive. It is working well for me as a system. I am also carrying three Sony cameras and trying to decide what I might standardize on/lose for future trips. With me I have an RX1 (quite possibly my favourite camera of all time), an RX100 and a 5n with Just one lens, the Sony 10-18. I am enjoying just reaching for another camera rather than lens swapping, but it is one camera too many. The 10-18 lens on the Sony 5n is brilliant but I might get very interested in the just announced RX100 mk3 which has a widerfocal length and might keep me happy instead of lugging the 5n and then stitch shots from the RX1 when I need even wider. Decisions, decisions.
jjj

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Off the topic perhaps, but I remember my first photographic trip and there were all these people in a place they had never been to and will probably never go to again, sitting in a hotel room editing photos.
I now ditch the computer, take lots of cards and spend my time photographing the sites and absorbing the culture. The shots are right when I click the button and they will be right when I sit in a comfy chair with a big monitor and powerful computer back home.
I know exactly what you mean, but it's not necessarily computers to blame. My girlfriend was on a business trip to China a few years back and all the chaps wanted to do was sit in the bar and drink as opposed to having a look around Shanghai.
I will download, sort, name + backup photos out each day whilst away, because if I wait to get home to do that, I may have forgotten the names, details etc that are needed for organising. And that's tediously time consuming when somewhere new and interesting. Though I may grab a shot that catches my eye to post on FB, but that's so quick compared to filing, it's no big deal.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spineless.   Futt Futt Futt Photography
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad