Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Phase One's Media Pro  (Read 19597 times)
syncrasy

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 08:54:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Pete -
You might want to try Expression Media if you can get your hands on a copy (PM me if you can't) --

You can get a trial copy from Phase One's Microsoft Expression Media Archive page. Not sure of the purchase price, but it's worth trying out. It displays my D300 NEFs on Snow Leopard so it might display D700 files too. (I don't remember the Nikon release timeline.)

In my experience, EM is actually an improvement over iView (a little more stable, bigger Light Table), so I intend to stay with it as long as I can on my Mac (as long as the catalog size limitations aren't an issue for me). EM even works (with some limitations) on Mavericks.

-- Mark

Camera & Computer: Nikon D300 Mac Pro Mac OS 10.6.8
Software: Nikon Capture NX 2 Photoshop CS2 Expression Media 2
GoodThing Factory

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm glad to see it's not only me ... I made the even worse mistake of not really testing MP during the trial and then forking over $200 for the lic to find out what most here already know ... MP is buggy as hell.  When I contacted P1 and asked for a refund they were pretty snotty about it and basically said, "tough luck,  but dont worry we're coming out w an update very soon" ... that was in January  ... no update as far as I can tell. So ... two questions:

Is there a way to import LR5 Catalogs in MP? ... there are some MP features whick look pretty good if I can get it to work:) Like most of you, I'm sure, I've got 10s of thousands of images ...  many labeled, flagged and rated in LR and have no interest in starting over.

Assuming no way to import (w/ data) ... Any media management tools running on Mavericks folks recommend which are more robust than LR?

Thanks!

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm glad to see it's not only me ... I made the even worse mistake of not really testing MP during the trial and then forking over $200 for the lic to find out what most here already know ... MP is buggy as hell.  When I contacted P1 and asked for a refund they were pretty snotty about it and basically said, "tough luck,  but dont worry we're coming out w an update very soon" ... that was in January  ... no update as far as I can tell. So ... two questions:

Is there a way to import LR5 Catalogs in MP? ... there are some MP features whick look pretty good if I can get it to work:) Like most of you, I'm sure, I've got 10s of thousands of images ...  many labeled, flagged and rated in LR and have no interest in starting over.

Assuming no way to import (w/ data) ... Any media management tools running on Mavericks folks recommend which are more robust than LR?

Thanks!

I'm toying with Photo Supreme and its OK. It works with Mavericks.
It gets better with every update and updates come fairly regular.
That being said, I always end up going back to Lightroom.
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad