Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: The Rangefinder - new video  (Read 6238 times)
JerryKlink

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 12:34:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Chris,

I'm having the same problem with not finding "rangefinder".  It does not show up in the Luminous Landscape Shop, as will.
Might this be a filter problem, i.e. "Showing products 51 to 65 of 65, filtered from 66" msg. at bottom of store site.

Jerry
gfioravanti

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 01:31:05 PM »
ReplyReply

We apologize for the trouble encountered finding this new course.  This has been fixed!  Please try refreshing your player libraries and it should appear.

If you encounter any further trouble finding this, please contact us at support@platformpurple.com and we can look further into your account.

Thanks,
Grace

Platform Purple
svein

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
ReplyReply

This has been fixed! 

Thanks, works now.
Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Chris,

Bought the Rangefinder videos and downloading them all now, but can I suggest an idea for you and Michael to perhaps think about?

As the old LLVJ type format now seems to have gone by-the-by and the fact that many of us quite enjoyed Michael's intro and description section for all the previous LLVJ's, would it be an idea for Michael to provide us with a short intro video discussing the content of each new release as it gets released? You could then make this short intro/description video available as a free download on the main page, which would then act as a great advert for all the new releases, as well as giving us all an idea what's in each new release.

Just an idea, but I sort of miss Michael's LLVJ intros and with the current system, I also think some potential buyers might be put off from purchasing, if they don't fully know what it is they are being offered, until after they have bought it.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:30:22 AM by Dave (Isle of Skye) » Logged

Photography Tuition holidays on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
ReplyReply

It is a good idea David but not always practical since we are often countries apart

Chris

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
ErikKaffehr

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

It works for me now!

Best regards
Erik

Purple are working on it

Dave (Isle of Skye)

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 03:09:55 PM »
ReplyReply

It is a good idea David but not always practical since we are often countries apart

Chris

Hi Chris and thank you for using my full name  Grin I just thought it could be done at the end of the video recordings, as a separate description section of whatever it is that you have just recorded etc.

But as I say, just an idea.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:11:47 PM by Dave (Isle of Skye) » Logged

Photography Tuition holidays on the Misty Isle of Skye
http://www.photography.info
michael
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »
ReplyReply

There was an problem at Purple's end but apparently it's now been fixed.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Sometimes technology defeats our best intentions.

Michael
Harlem22

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Purple are working on it

Now I've got it. I didn't know that distributing a set of media files is such a problem.

Harald
BFoto

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Just as an aside question.

Is it possible to view all my old purchases via the LL store (aka camera to print, LLVJ16 etc) via purple?

cheers

larkis

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »
ReplyReply

I see it now, thanks for fixing it guys !

My photography blog
http://blog.dominik.ca/
James Orr

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 03:59:55 PM »
ReplyReply

I enjoyed the video, guys.  Thank you. 

I was thinking back to the Tour de California Michael did with the view camera (same issue as the great interview with Charlie Kramer), thinking about how much handling and showing Michael did with the camera.  It would have been nice to have something similar here.  i.e., when talking about window finders v. whatever the other option was, showing what those look like through the camera somehow.  When talking about the "Leica look," showing a few prints that typify it. 

Touches like that could have made this very strong, but in the end, it was nice to listen into friends having an extended conversation about Leicas.  I don't know the first thing about rangefinders, or optical viewfinders, window finders, etc, but I've been very interested, and was happy to be able to get a few new tidbits for the shelves of my mental library.

Purple turned out not to be all that bad, either  Wink 
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad