Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Fuji X-T1 news  (Read 20618 times)
armand

« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »
ReplyReply

As you know there is that light leak issue with the early X-T1s. Mine has it, although you do have to be determined to make it happen.
It's something I can deal with with some tape as I would use only the microUSB with the remote, the other 2 ports I can cover with some tape as I don't use them. It is said that it will decrease your resale value but realistically I never sell my stuff.
I did try to return it though because of some reports that the D-pad on the newer versions is improved, which is the thing that annoys me the most with X-T1 (the only major one if I think about it) as it makes it very difficult to use with gloves. The reports are not consistent and the improvement doesn't seem that dramatic as some people made it to be.
As it seems though is barely on stock anywhere, and Amazon wanted to refund it as they have no replacement. As I still like the camera and I want to use it this week for my trip to Chicago I cancelled my return.
Amazon is nice and wants to refund 30% without me asking so if you are in the same position it could be a pretty good incentive which should cover for any resale loss.
Christoph C. Feldhaim

There is no rule! No - wait ...

« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
ReplyReply

I did try to return it though because of some reports that the D-pad on the newer versions is improved, which is the thing that annoys me the most with X-T1 (the only major one if I think about it) as it makes it very difficult to use with gloves. The reports are not consistent and the improvement doesn't seem that dramatic as some people made it to be.

I bought some gloves without tips for photography in cold weather  (if not too extreme) at the christmas market last year - worked wonders ...
Cheers
~Chris

armand

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »
ReplyReply

I bought some gloves without tips for photography in cold weather  (if not too extreme) at the christmas market last year - worked wonders ...
Cheers
~Chris

It has been quite freezing in Michigan this winter, -10 to -20 Celsius on a regular basis.
snoleoprd

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2014, 08:49:31 AM »
ReplyReply

Fuji will fix the light leak with a fast turn around so I see no reason not to get it fixed. Mine has it, I contacted Fuji they are sending me the FedEx shipping labels and when I get I get them I will send it in, they are saying a less than 1 week turn time. Some people are putting little stick on pads to raise the feel of the buttons. Myself I find I am getting used to them and can deal with that aspect of it.

Alan

Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
armand

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2014, 10:58:37 AM »
ReplyReply

The right one is the most difficult one to press as the sticky rubber from the grip is at the same height and little space between them.
I'll be in Chicago these days and it will get a more intense use. I already have some Sugru waiting in the fridge, might be a better option then the tape.
armand

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
ReplyReply

It worked mostly well.
armand

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2014, 08:11:25 AM »
ReplyReply

With the new LR release of color profiles for Fuji I can say Finally!! almost ...

I posted earlier how bad the LR manages some colors in the red-magenta-violet area, here is the original JPEG vs the Adobe Standard.
armand

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »
ReplyReply

And here is the JPEG vs PROVIA which is almost identical and truer to what I saw. Also few other renderings.

So Finally!! Why almost? Detail is still not the best. PhotoNinja, Iridient and probably Capture One do a better job.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:15:00 AM by armand » Logged
Paul2660

« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
ReplyReply

The trick I have found with LR is to do minimum sharpening in LR and sharpen with Focus Magic or Topaz in focus.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
Photography > http://photosofarkansas.com
Blog> http://paulcaldwellphotography.com
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad