Greetings and salutations,
I have a favor to ask users of C1PRO 7.1.6 and will you mind following these simple steps and let me know if you observe image discrepancies between the JPEG exported from Process Tab and the JPEG via the File >> Make Web Contact Sheet (MWCS) feature within C1PRO7.1.6. I recently reported a finding to P1 Tech Support and I want to know if others could acknowledge my findings to procure more data.JPEG Process Recipe (PR):
JPEG, 8-Bit; ICC Profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1; Resolution: 72 PPI; Scale: Long Edge @ 1280 Pixels; Disable Sharpening UncheckedWeb Contact Sheet Settings (WCSS):
This is going to be "relative" because we can't input numbers, I am using the eleven markings to best share my settings. These "markings" are little marks on the draggable scale (evenly-spaced) and you'll know what I mean. Thumbnail Size: 3.5 marking from the left; Preview Size: 3.5 marking from the left; Quality: 11 marking from the left (max value).
Using the settings, will you let me know if you could determine image quality discrepancies? The standard or basis image is the JPEG processed from the Process Tab using the aforementioned settings. I am thinking, there is something wonky going on with the Web Contact Sheet feature.Method
1) Open Photoshop and open the JPEG exported from PR.
2) To open the JPEG from WCSS, you'll have to go into the folder you made for the MWCS. In that folder, you'll see: index.htm and three folders: photos, scripts, and theme. Go into "photos" >> "previews." You should see the single JPEG you are using to test image discrepancy. Open that JPEG into Photoshop.
3) Try to arrange the images in PS so they are shown adjacent to each other.Questions
1) Do you see any image discrepancies?
2) Do you see an undesired artifacting fringes in the background? In my example, I am using a Thunder Grey and I have applied my style to color grade the image.Assumptions
1) I am on a dual-monitor setup with both color-managed workflow: The GPU is outputting the differing LUT ICCv4 profiles to each of my monitors accordingly.
2) OpenCL settings for C1PRO7.1.6 is set to both "Auto."
3) Windows 8.1 PRO (latest and stable updates) have Color Management (CM) set properly and both the operating system CM and C1PRO CM is set to "Perceptual."Data and Results
: The two images were processed and procured using the settings above. Images are are 72 PPI @ sRGB @ 100% Quality. Left JPEG was process via PR and image on the right (with problems) is via MWCS.
Link 1: http://guest.ronaldnztan.com/Screen-Shot-72PPI.jpg
Link 2 (Settings ZEROED
I am trying to make sense and understanding why I am observing the image discrepancies. I want to know if this is an isolated observation only for me or can similar discrepancies are seen by others?