Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sunrise and Car Rescue on Mjóafjaršarheiši  (Read 514 times)
Rajan Parrikar

« on: February 08, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
ReplyReply

In the East Fjords region of Iceland.  Video of the car rescue and more images in my blog post.

Stranded Car

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »
ReplyReply

So this guy just assumed someone would come by if he waited long enough, say until June?
He was pretty lucky!

I'm glad they came back for you, Rajan.  Wink

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rajan Parrikar

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »
ReplyReply

So this guy just assumed someone would come by if he waited long enough, say until June?
He was pretty lucky!

I'm glad they came back for you, Rajan.  Wink

Ha!

He could have trudged to the main road, so his life wasn't in any imminent danger.

markadams99

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:06:08 AM »
ReplyReply

Very nice. Your 2014 website works well by the way. So many portfolios are clunky or slow - not yours. The basic surface of your Iceland shots is attractive to me - not stressed, over sharpened or dramatized.   I'd be interested to know how a Goan-Californian became so committed to scouring Iceland, especially in winter.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

There is no rule! No - wait ...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Very nice. Your 2014 website works well by the way. So many portfolios are clunky or slow - not yours. The basic surface of your Iceland shots is attractive to me - not stressed, over sharpened or dramatized.   I'd be interested to know how a Goan-Californian became so committed to scouring Iceland, especially in winter.

Rajan is a cosmic polite citizen - isn't that called a cosmopolitan? Wink

Rajan Parrikar

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Mark,

Thank you.

The Portfolio design and template is from http://www.aphotofolio.com.  My blog is on the Wordpress platform.

Re. Goan-American & Iceland.  Briefly: I first visited Iceland 8 years ago as an electrical engineer with a point-and-shoot (never held a SLR before) and came back feeling uneasy (and not a little stupid) after realizing I knew nothing about photography.  The impact Iceland made on that visit was life-changing.  And now here I am.  My predilection is for stark, desolate places.  Iceland and Mojave/Death Valley are them.  Goa, of course, is home.  Iceland feels so much like home, too.

Christoph - your spin on cosmopolitan noted.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Rajan is obviously a native Icelander, a native California desert rat, and a native Goan. All of his photos look as if he has been living and photographing there (-- all three "theres"--) all his life.

And to have gotten to this point as a photographer in only eight years! Wow!

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
francois

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Rajan is obviously a native Icelander, a native California desert rat, and a native Goan. All of his photos look as if he has been living and photographing there (-- all three "theres"--) all his life.

And to have gotten to this point as a photographer in only eight years! Wow!

I agree, he is a multifaceted, very talented photographer. It's always a pleasure to see Rajan's images.

Francois
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad