Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Ten Years after….  (Read 6003 times)
Manoli

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Often erroneously attributed to Wilde ...
Oscar Wild was referring for sarcasm on a sensible conversation...

Make your minds up.
KLaban

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Make your minds up.

Or should that be make up your minds?

Theodoros

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Make your minds up.
OK… please replace O.W with "whoever" in my statement…, Aristophane stays! ….so my statement should read:

Whoever (instead of O.W.) was referring for sarcasm on a sensible conversation... If one uses the term "bury them alive" (which is no where near for truth) it's no longer a sensible statement in a sensible conversation, then, sarcasm's meaning changes to …."satire" (Aristophane was the inventor) [/i] and is a very ethical thing to do since it uses/exposes the ridicule of the original false statement… My Imacon 528c used with my C645 lenses, out performs my D800E at near base Iso… and the result of the D800E to be worthy to compare (not to beat - just to be maximised so that the comparison will need closer examination), one has to use the best of primes closed down to their best performing apertures… Also, Iso sensitivity on those older backs is clearly underestimated by the makers, 50 Iso (on my 528c) should be exposed at the same settings of shutter and aperture, as 100 Iso on my D800E for exposure to be equal in mid tones… then one realises that those old backs have better usable DR too... where by usable I mean what is left of DR after one processes for a realistic print look.
eronald

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
ReplyReply

'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit' - Oscar Wilde

I think the appropriateness of wit is best preached by Pope Smiley

Edmund
Chris Livsey

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:01 PM »
ReplyReply

The full "quote" is also given as :- "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence."
It does not appear in any of his writings that have been published and is attributed to him, without evidence, of having once said it.

I shoot a P20 to show I am on topic  Grin

ATB
Chris Livsey
http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Manoli

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
ReplyReply

I think the appropriateness of wit is best preached by Pope

Alexander or Francis ?
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Bernard, I'm so grateful for the clarification. I now realise the error of my ways. I'm at such a huge disadvantage that I might as well toss my piece of crap of a camera into a hole and be done with it.

As always your D800 images just scream superiority.

It takes a great man to confess his mistakes, congratulations!

But I do apologize in case my comments affected the resell value of your 22mp back even a cent!  Grin

As far as my images go, well they are what they are amidst the constraints that are mine, but the interesting thing is that you got pumped up to the point of having to use the atomic weapon of personal attacks on this forum...  Wink

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:31:33 PM by BernardLanguillier » Logged

A few images online here!
Theodoros

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:21 PM »
ReplyReply

But I do apologize in case my comments affected the resell value of your 22mp back even a cent!  Grin

As far as my images go, well they are what they are, but the interesting thing is that you got pumped up to the point of having to use the atomic weapon of personal attacks on this forum...  Wink

Cheers,
Bernard

I doubt comments can affect the value of a 22mp back… They've taken more, much more than that through time. I'm not sure on the D800 future value though…. will it worth (and be demanded) more than what a D50 costs (and is wanted) today?  Tongue  Cheesy
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
ReplyReply

I doubt comments can affect the value of a 22mp back… They've taken more, much more than that through time. I'm not sure on the D800 future value though…. will it worth (and be demanded) more than what a D50 costs (and is wanted) today?  Tongue  Cheesy

Are you advising to OP to invest in a 22mp back?

Cheers,
Bernard

KLaban

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »
ReplyReply

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:24:45 PM by KLaban » Logged

KLaban

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »
ReplyReply

As far as my images go, well they are what they are, but the interesting thing is that you got pumped up to the point of having to use the atomic weapon of personal attacks on this forum...  Wink

Hehe. That wasn't even a water pistol.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:20:35 PM by KLaban » Logged

Theodoros

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 04:33:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Are you advising to OP to invest in a 22mp back?

Cheers,
Bernard

No… I just wonder why ten years after so many people pros still make their living out of them and provide super results… Let me put it to an extend that will be more understandable to you… Back in the 70s one could buy a Ferrari or a Porsche…. but if you was to win in a rally race, …you should get your self a "statos"… Ten years after, it was still the same, with a new model Ferrari or a Porsche, it accelerated better, it had more top speed, even handled better… but would still loose the race from the "stratos"!  …It's only that one needs "balls" to drive the later!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:34:59 PM by T.Dascalos » Logged
eronald

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 04:40:27 PM »
ReplyReply

nice pic - is there a toy museum near you?

Edmund

As far as my images go, well they are what they are amidst the constraints that are mine, but the interesting thing is that you got pumped up to the point of having to use the atomic weapon of personal attacks on this forum...  Wink

Cheers,
Bernard
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
ReplyReply

No… I just wonder why ten years after so many people pros still make their living out of them and provide super results… Let me put it to an extend that will be more understandable to you… Back in the 70s one could buy a Ferrari or a Porsche…. but if you was to win in a rally race, …you should get your self a "statos"… Ten years after, it was still the same, with a new model Ferrari or a Porsche, it accelerated better, it had more top speed, even handled better… but would still loose the race from the "stratos"!  …It's only that one needs "balls" to drive the later!

The equivalent of that in the photographic world must be the Betterlight back, that takes balls! Backs and DLSRs are children garden territory in comparison.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:51:59 PM by BernardLanguillier » Logged

synn

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
ReplyReply

'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit' - Oscar Wilde

I never said half the shit people quote in my name.

- famous person

my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com
synn

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
ReplyReply

...and yes, I would like to get a 22mp back eventually to bring my bronica gear into the digital age.
There's an awesome thread at getdpi full of fat pixel magic...

my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
ReplyReply

nice pic - is there a toy museum near you?

Well spotted!  Cheesy

Cheers,
Bernard

Theodoros

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 05:01:09 PM »
ReplyReply

The equivalent of that in the photographic world must be the Betterlight back, that takes balls! Backs and DLSRs are children garden territory in comparison.

Cheers,
Bernard
….Which in return works only on an LF camera and is much worst than an MS version of these backs when used for the same purpose! …In fact any back ever is worst when compared to a correctly done 16x image out of the MS version of these backs… But again, the conversation here is on their single shot (not scanning or MS) ability as of today when compared to other single shot solutions…. we are only trying to be specific on the "race" terms…  Wink
BernardLanguillier

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 05:14:41 PM »
ReplyReply

….Which in return works only on an LF camera and is much worst than an MS version of these backs when used for the same purpose! …In fact any back ever is worst when compared to a correctly done 16x image out of the MS version of these backs… But again, the conversation here is on their single shot (not scanning or MS) ability as of today when compared to other single shot solutions…. we are only trying to be specific on the "race" terms…  Wink

OK, if that has become too manly, then I'll propose an alternative contender costing 480 US$ new called a Sigma DP3m (not even speaking about its successor to keep the race somewhat interesting).

Granted, there are some limitations, but we are speaking about 7% of the back second hand cost... and you still get similar image quality at base ISO.

You may want to give it a try it!

Cheers,
Bernard

Theodoros

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
ReplyReply

...and yes, I would like to get a 22mp back eventually to bring my bronica gear into the digital age.
There's an awesome thread at getdpi full of fat pixel magic...
There is a lot of "conspiracy" going on, on the values of MF… this "conspiracy" is oriented from those that do keep prices high and "vanish" from the market what could expose the conspiracy while at the same time, it shrinks the base of MF, that would be hundreds of thousands of users by now… It is the same conspiracy that has enforced some of the older cameras to be excluded (not supported) for their users to be able to experience "digital MF", the same conspiracy that takes older backs for "part exchange" and then never returns them to the market as S/H, the same conspiracy that is basing prices to resolution increase -when it has nothing to do with it-, the same conspiracy that wants to convince people that when there was nothing else around but what we are talking about right here... photographs were crap! But… look around you people… has photography/i] improved those past ten years? …Lets say that these "war machines" that some are trying to convince us that are now "worthless ancient crap" actually are! …How come and photographs are only worst? …How come and so many artists still use them? …how come and they don't feel the need to upgrade? …how come and they find some magic into them?

Go ahead Synn and give rebirth to your ETRS… (I'm thinking of doing the same actually), maybe you'll decide later to advance it into prime use and make some money back….
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad