Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Ten Years after….  (Read 7072 times)
tho_mas

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
ReplyReply

How do they compare with film?
I have yet to see a digital file that is as film-like as the P21+... especially at somewhat higher ISO. I mostly use a P45. But when I shoot the P21+ again and again I am very impressed by its very nice look.

Are those 22mp "fat pixel" backs that people used to buy (at those days) at prices similar to a good quality family car still worth buying?
Currently I have a P45 and P21+ (on Contax 645 and Cambo WRS), a Sony A7R, a Panasonic GH2 and GH3 (well, actually just sold the GH3) and some pocket cameras. If I had to choose only one single system today I'd most likely choose a tech cam with a 33MP or 39MP back. (Or, of course, a more recent back... but that was not the initial question...).
Theodoros

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2014, 01:58:15 AM »
ReplyReply

I have yet to see a digital file that is as film-like as the P21+... especially at somewhat higher ISO. I mostly use a P45. But when I shoot the P21+ again and again I am very impressed by its very nice look.
Currently I have a P45 and P21+ (on Contax 645 and Cambo WRS), a Sony A7R, a Panasonic GH2 and GH3 (well, actually just sold the GH3) and some pocket cameras. If I had to choose only one single system today I'd most likely choose a tech cam with a 33MP or 39MP back. (Or, of course, a more recent back... but that was not the initial question...).

As I stated before, I would also choose a Dalsa 33mp sensor as my first choice… but that's not "ten years after" yet! I believe your P21+ is also a "fat pixel" (9μm) back that only has different image area size (it's 33x44 …no?), it has micro lenses and it's a stop more sensitive… I wouldn't be surprised if it behaves like a 22mp back, with more contrasty mid tones and great colour information in the deep shadows that is what you call "film like" presentation and others call it the "fat pixel magic".
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad