Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: A good document scanner recomendation, please  (Read 605 times)
NellieKelly

« on: February 20, 2014, 04:14:18 AM »
ReplyReply

I have some photographs that waited for years to be scanned, and I decided that finaly, the time has come for that. Those are some old photos of my family, many of them black and white Smiley

I thought that it may be a good idea to consult with someone before I go and purchase something overpriced, but not up to the challenge Tongue This seems somewhere in my range, but I've never worked with this kind of scanners before, so I could use some experience-based comments about it.
tived

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Document scanner Huh Huh Huh

Do you mean Auto-Document feeding scanner? or just flatbed scanner?

Flatbed scanner Epson V7x0 does a very nice job - its several years old, but this tech hasn't changed much

Hope this helps

Henrik
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
ReplyReply

I would agree with the Epson recommendation, especially for photos. I have a by-now-rather-antique Epson 4990, which does a beautiful job on prints. The V7xx series printers are even better, but my 4990 has done very well for me. I have scanned a number of old prints that I made in wet darkroom days and whose negatives I can't find, and I've been able to make digital prints of the scans that are at least as good as the originals.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Philmar

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Are there any decent self-loading scanners for 4x6 prints or one must still use a time consuming flatbed scanner? I'd love it if I could load 100 or so 4x6 prints in a stack and let the scanner do them all one at a time automatically.

An office drone pension administrator by day and a photo-enthusiast by night, week-end and on vacation who carries his camera when traveling the world:
Please have a chew on my photos:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/phil_marion/sets
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad