Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Best courses on Alternate Processes and Large format  (Read 454 times)
zphotography

« on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey guys,

Was planning on taking a course on alternate process from UC San Diego Extension.
Also interested in a large format camera workshop or course that can help me get comfortable with the medium.
Can anyone recommend schools in California besides brooks for such short courses?

WalterEG

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:49:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Is John Sexton still running workshops?

zphotography

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
ReplyReply

I checked out john sexton's workshops but he's offering none on view camera. Only advanced B&W print techniques. I need something that will start from scratch
aduke

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »
ReplyReply

There is a long-running email list whose subject is the alternative processes. Do a web search on "alt-photo-process-list@lists.altphotolist.org" to find how to join and to find its archives. Its been running for, at least, the last 16 years.

Alan
NancyP

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 04:52:43 PM »
ReplyReply

z, try over at these two sites:
largeformatphotography.info
apug.org
There won't be a lot of courses out there, as for digital photography.
If you are in a hurry to get started, read the articles on the largeformatphotography.info main page, then go into the forum, proclaim yourself a newbie, and ask if there's anyone around in your neighborhood. Then try to arrange a meeting - bring your favorite ethanol-containing fluid, if appropriate.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad