Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Printer and UPS  (Read 786 times)
alifatemi

« on: March 05, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
ReplyReply

Does anybody has connected his Epson printer to outlet through UPS( uninterrupted power supply)? if yes, any problem seeing on print?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:57:08 AM by alifatemi » Logged

Ali
DeanChriss

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes. I've had no problems and my Epson 7900 has been connected to a UPS for over 5 years. One UPS was literally "smoked" by a lightening strike, yet the printer and computer connected to this UPS were both unharmed. The particular UPS is and was a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD.

An added note is that any UPS needs to be properly grounded in order to work correctly, and all cables (power, network, etc) from the outside world need to be protected. If not, damaging currents can reach "protected" devices through those unprotected paths.

- Dean
Wayne Fox

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 01:41:01 PM »
ReplyReply

So is the question regarding keeping the printer running, or using the UPS to protect it?  I think it will run fine, just not sure how much power it takes and how long.  Are you just trying to make sure the printer doesnít die in the middle of a single job if the power goes out, or do you see brownouts and small interruptions in service constantly so this is more about managing through small short issues?

I think you would be fine if you have one of adequate size to finish a print.  I donít think it would affect the print quality at all as long as it provides enough power.

acktdi

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »
ReplyReply

I use a similar Cyberpower UPS to condition the power (protect from brownouts and overvoltage) for my IPF8400.
BobDavid

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:47:17 PM »
ReplyReply

I am using an APC UPS for my Epson 7890. I believe the Epson large format printers require about 80 watts to run. Do not connect a laser printer to a UPS.
alifatemi

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Read my own post bellow. for sake of save you some times, read my own first and last text:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=86246.0

Ali
Wayne Fox

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
ReplyReply

I read your thread.  If the UPS couldnít supply enough power, perhaps your problem was just using an inappropriate UPS.  Iíve seen an 11880 on a UPS but it was pretty large. What was the VA rating of the UPS?

alifatemi

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
ReplyReply

UPS is able of 1500w continuse output was okay just its batteries had corrupted  after 3 years of use and had to be changed. when I changed the batteries, every things became normal afterwards. Now I am working with printer, connected to UPS with no problem at all( for now!)

Ali
Paul2660

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »
ReplyReply

I am running with Cyperpower also 1500's. I use them to help against brown outs, which we get a lot of and to finish a print if the power does go out.  I do not use them for lightening proteciton, only protection for that in a normal person's world is unplug the printer.  None of the brands will stop a near hit. 

The batteries all run down over time, about 3 years is right. My APC"s have all lost about 1/2 of the their run time but they still give me enough time to power off safely.  I use the Cyperpower on my printers and Main workstation.  The APC's only on my monitors now.

Paul C.

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
Photography > http://photosofarkansas.com
Blog> http://paulcaldwellphotography.com
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad