Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Canon: "EOS Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close" Help!  (Read 906 times)
Dinarius

« on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

I have .NET Framework, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 Sp1 installed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional (the only two I need, but I've also tried installing the entire contents of the CD too) numerous times, taking care to run CC Cleaner and remove everything (Registry included) before an install.

I know this is a known problem, but I can't find a solution that works.

I've had years of perfect operation with my Canon 1Ds Mklll, until now.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. If this is the wrong forum, please move it.  Smiley
BartvanderWolf

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »
ReplyReply

I know this is a known problem, but I can't find a solution that works.

Hi,

I hadn't heard about it till now, so I don't know where you heard that (maybe that source also has a solution?).

I've had years of perfect operation with my Canon 1Ds Mklll, until now.

Any solutions?

So it suddenly started to fail? Have you changed anything shortly before? Maybe using a new virus protection application (!), or a disk cleanup tool running in the background like TuneUp (it may disable some services, but that's user adjustable)? I'd first look at the virusprotection, a new signature file may trigger a false positive (I had that happen myself with a trusted application that all of a sudden was partly moved into quarantine).

Cheers,
Bart
Dinarius

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 03:15:58 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks.

In the end, I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro (coz XP is no longer supported shortly) and it worked after I also installed .NET Framework 3.5.

That said, I think if I had gone I into Device Manager in XP and made deleted the camera and reinstalled it, it would have sorted the problem. I seem to remember doing that in the past.

Thanks.

D.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad