Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Transferring develop settings to another system  (Read 597 times)
PeterAit

« on: June 11, 2014, 07:14:14 AM »
ReplyReply

While traveling I import photos into LR on my laptop, mostly to just view but sometimes I do some development. When I get home I again import the photos from the SD card to LR on my main computer. Is there a way to transfer develop settings for individual photos from the laptop to the main system?

Peter
"Photographic technique is a means to an end, never the end itself."
View my photos at http://www.peteraitken.com
john beardsworth

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 07:23:08 AM »
ReplyReply

File > Export to Catalog will create a small catalogue with the selected files. Then on your main computer, use File > Import from Another Catalog to bring the work in your small catalogue into the main one. That's the standard way.

John

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:25:31 AM by john beardsworth » Logged

Steve House

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
ReplyReply

Are you shooting jpg or raw?

If raw, if you save you edit on the first system as a sidecar XML file, you can imprt it into LR on your home system and imprt the develop settings into the catalog
john beardsworth

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 12:23:40 PM »
ReplyReply

The trouble with xmp is you lose a load of your Lightroom work. That's why I always recommend the proper way Wink
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:49:10 PM by john beardsworth » Logged

aduke

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Near the end of my last trip, I had LR export all of the photos to a new catalog on the SDHC card, which had plenty of room. At home, I put the SDHC card into the desktop and told LR to import from catalog, copying the images.

I did not need to be present at the end of either of the procedures, plus I had an extra copy of the images and catalog. Smiley

Alan
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad