Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Leica S lens price increase  (Read 4553 times)
Atina

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2014, 03:42:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Yes. Leica got it perfectly, the Vario T is purpose-built to be seen.

I think Leica wins at the don't look at me I'm only taking a picture game.

Edmund

First, do you mean Leica T Typ 701 by Leica Vario T?

Second, aren't the two posts I quoted conflicting?
eronald

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »
ReplyReply

Man, if Leica gave away bars of gold, this forum would complain about how their polished.

But all this talk about 360 pano selfies has nothing to do with me and though it probably exists I don't know of many professionals that make their living off of selfies, so I take that stuff with a tiny grain of thought, though for personal fun, I can see their advantages, just not in my world.

Leica m8

IMO

BC

Hey man, I didn't know there was such a thing as an f'ing panoramic selfie. In fact I didn't really know there was such a thing as a selfie until my 3 year old started to expect me to hand the camera phone to *him* so he could take pictures of *us*. I've also tried handing him the real camera with not so great success, although there is definitely entertainment to be had from watching a 3 year old wield a D3x Smiley

The wikipedia article on selfies make extremely interesting reading.

Manufacturers note the bottom is falling out of the camera market, as users prefer cellphones. On the other hand, the selfie is trending with young users doing selfies for 30% of their images. But "real""cameras" cannot do selfies. Notice a "correlation"?

I agree no *photographer* make his living from selfies; but then few photographers these days make their livings exclusively with Leicas, so I think we can chart this conversation up to Saturday night syndrome.

BTW, anyone wants to swap a Leica S2 against my Nikon D4 and some lenses btw, I'd be delighted. In fact I'll even take a Canon 1Dx, or MF, see my ad in For Sale.

Edmund

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:48:14 AM by eronald » Logged
Ken R

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
ReplyReply

I think Leica wins at the don't look at me I'm only taking a picture game.

Edmund

Had Leica put a pop up EVF (like the one in the Sony RX100III), and a better sensor on the T, I might have been game.  Grin
eronald

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »
ReplyReply

Had Leica put a pop up EVF (like the one in the Sony RX100III), and a better sensor on the T, I might have been game.  Grin

Yeah, it's kind of interesting that they chose to include a pop-up flash, and externalize the huge EVF.
The images seem Leica quality - what I saw is pretty good, it's not a toy.

I think the Sony pop-up then pop-out EVF is one of those amazing Sony touches of tech/design brilliance. Probably gets broken in no time, but soooo cute.

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:18:03 AM by eronald » Logged
gerald.d

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Hey man, I didn't know there was such a thing as an f'ing panoramic selfie.

https://theta360.com/en/

With regards panoramas (of the non-selfie kind), the more people who don't believe there's a living to made from shooting them, the better.

Kind regards,

Gerald.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad