Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Da Vinci Resolve 11 Lite  (Read 516 times)
Pete_G

« on: June 26, 2014, 12:50:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Seems like Resolve 11 Lite is now available as a beta version. Lots of enhancements to the editing side of the software,
for those who just need basic editing features, i.e. short form films and, of course, colour grading - this might be the only app you need. I haven't tried it yet but I'd be surprised if it wasn't stable, knowing BM's track record, and the fact that Resolve 11 (paid version) has been around for some months now.

Bang The Drum All Day

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Seems like Resolve 11 Lite is now available as a beta version. Lots of enhancements to the editing side of the software,
for those who just need basic editing features, i.e. short form films and, of course, colour grading - this might be the only app you need. I haven't tried it yet but I'd be surprised if it wasn't stable, knowing BM's track record, and the fact that Resolve 11 (paid version) has been around for some months now.

I have a feeling that Blackmagic is going to evolve resolve into a full editorial suite, which would be a good idea, considering the void left from fcp 7.

I use resolve 9 regularly and for roundtripping and coloring with some basic effects it's very good, especially with RED footage and briefly tested 11, though as you mention 11 is fine for quick cuts, with simple transitions but not really a full fledged editorial suite.

I think we'll eventually see a suite (from someone) that editing, coloration and even some effects are done on the same timeline.  Coloring on the timeline is priceless as it let's you match and tweak to impact the story and no matter how qualified a colorist you are, I've never done a video where I don't do some final adjustment on the timeline.

But resolve as a coloration tool is wonderful, especially for the cost.

IMO

BC

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad