Ad
Poll
Question: aperture won't import
I don't know what this means - 0 (0%)
I have only one question - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: aperture won't import  (Read 570 times)
bluekorn

« on: July 03, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »
ReplyReply

The images are on the card and they show up just fine on the aperture import page but as soon as I click on import the page goes black and the images are not transferred. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
bluekorn

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
ReplyReply

I should add: The same camera (XE-2), the same card, the same card reader and the same aperature program worked yesterday.
trichardlin

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:56:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Have you tried 1) restarting the computer, 2) deleting Aperture and re-install?
bluekorn

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
ReplyReply

I have tried re-starting Aperture but I wouldn't have a clue how to delete it and re-install it and not lose all of my pics. This happened once before, a month or so ago and I simply selected all and dragged them into a new project but that isn't working now either.
trichardlin

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »
ReplyReply

If you are running the current version of OS X, simply go to your Applications folder, drag the Aperture app to the trash can.   Then go to the AppStore, re-download Aperture.

Before you delete Aperture, make sure you can re-download it without paying again.  To do that, go to the AppStore, find Aperture and make sure the label/button under Aperture says Install rather than showing the price.
bluekorn

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Trichardlin, I thank you for your input, which I'm sure would have been helpful to a savvy user.

I finally took my iMac to Best Buy for their "experts" to have a look and after half an hour of research and investigation they too surmised that my best alternative was to delete Aperture and re-install it. Luckily, before I undertook this task, a neighbor kid, 14y/o, heard me complaining to his Father about my love/hate relationship to computers and offered, "your hard drive is probably full." End of story.
KirbyKrieger

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Have you tried 1) restarting the computer, 2) deleting Aperture and re-install?

The number of times I have solved a problem with OS X by deleting a program is zero.  It may be necessary, but it is should be way down the list of trouble-shooting steps.

Moreover, Mavericks makes is extra-hard to fully delete a program.  It is no longer as easy as simply deleting the .app file from the Applications folder.

Restart?  Absolutely.
Re-install?  Only when other trouble-shooting indicates this as a possible solution.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad