Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Capture NX-D, for free.  (Read 4500 times)
Lupin

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
ReplyReply

They all refer to the release version - v1.0.0
Fine_Art

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I would not call it a complete disaster, but there are some clear functional regressions compared to NX2, most obvious is the lack of U point technology (which remains in my view the most revolutionary image edition tool since layers).

It is reasonably responsive on my Mac Pro 2013 and colours seems as nice as they used to, but I will not make it my converter of choice.

Cheers,
Bernard

I was unfamiliar with control points so I went to the Nikon website to look at how it works. I recommended something similar to the Raw Therapee forum last year, which did not go anywhere for the complexity (I guess) of getting it to work with the rest of the existing code. The idea was in 2 parts.
-You right click a point on your image to make a control point on your curves graph. This lets you move the area you see as a problem rather than grabbing the curve, hoping you got a close point.
-you right click to get a color wheel in a circle around the point for very fine color vector adjustments. That matches the RT logo.

Somebody should still work that in. The whole thing of all these control panel type adjustments at the side, in all these programs, show a primitive way of working with the image. More thought should go into a system for adjusting at the image.
Mark Lindquist

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 03:23:23 AM »
ReplyReply

if you open an image in NXD, then click > "open with", an option to open with NX2 is in that dropdown menu.
I have the most recent build of NX2, and when the RAW file is opened from NXD open with NX2, the Nikon D810 RAW file can be edited in NX2.

Very strange, but it works, oddly enough.

Lupin

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 06:04:58 AM »
ReplyReply

if you open an image in NXD, then click > "open with", an option to open with NX2 is in that dropdown menu.
I have the most recent build of NX2, and when the RAW file is opened from NXD open with NX2, the Nikon D810 RAW file can be edited in NX2.

Very strange, but it works, oddly enough.

I have NX-D v1.0.3 and NX2 v2.4.7 and this is what happens

1. Open a D810 NEF in NX-D
2. Go to Image > Open With > Capture NX2
3. The D810 NEF opens in Capture NX2

Most of the NX2 controls aren't there though.

The Camera Settings section isn't there at all - so no WB, Picture Control or Noise Reduction.
Quick Fix section - Exposure Compensation slider is greyed out.
Camera & Lens Corrections section - there's no Moire, Auto Distortion, Auto Red-Eye or Vignette Control.
Some Guy

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »
ReplyReply

I can't live without "Control Points" coming from the older CNX-2 version.  NIK Viveza2 is okay as a sub and it's Control Points may be even small than CNX-2 too.  CNX-D seems to suffer a lot of editing stuff in the older version.  They are not points set on the RGB curves as mentioned above either as seen in PS.

However, those control point things are GREAT!  I must have used a dozen in yesterday's edit: Saturation, Contrast, Brightness, Warmth, and Color all in a 'sized' spot, and a dozen or more too.  Adobe can't even come close, unless going into the NIK Viveza 2 plug-in.

SG
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad