Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Soft Rocks  (Read 461 times)
churly

« on: July 24, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »
ReplyReply

I haven't been holding up my end of the conversation on Lula lately but here are a couple of shots from the summer to help try to re-engage.
CC always welcome.
Chuck

Chuck Hurich
Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:58:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Interesting series, and good consistency on the subject. My vote goes for #1, especially for the vertical striations and grain of the rocks. Given this, I would crop the left hand side, just to enhance this vertical texture. I also find the bird distracting, and at odds with the rest of the elements.
churly

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the input Paulo.  I included the bird because it seems to me to offer a slightly playful counterpoint to the rest of the image.  An element that is completely out of place.
Chuck

Chuck Hurich
maddogmurph

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Interesting series, and good consistency on the subject. My vote goes for #1, especially for the vertical striations and grain of the rocks. Given this, I would crop the left hand side, just to enhance this vertical texture. I also find the bird distracting, and at odds with the rest of the elements.

The bird definitely adds the ability for me to scale.  I wasn't sure if this was macro, medium range, or large until I saw the bird.  I like these, difficult shots to capture without looking boring and you've done it well.  Did you frame them this way or are these crops already?

Maddog - Apologetically critical

Calumet // Tachihara // Schneider 90mm, 210mm // 10" // FUJIFILM X-T1 // 10-24mm, 18-55mm, F55-200mm, 35mm, 60mm // Driod POS // Pentax WG3 // Sony RX100

-AO Member (Amateur's with Opinions)
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad