Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Grand Prismatic  (Read 501 times)
ckelly49

« on: July 30, 2014, 03:59:40 PM »
ReplyReply

From a trip I took to Yellowstone last summer.
maddogmurph

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice shot.. I'd rather have the trees hitting the corners of the frame though in terms of composition.

Maddog - Apologetically critical

Calumet // Tachihara // Schneider 90mm, 210mm // 10" // FUJIFILM X-T1 // 10-24mm, 18-55mm, F55-200mm, 35mm, 60mm // Driod POS // Pentax WG3 // Sony RX100 // Nikon D810 // 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4

-AO Member (Amateur's with Opinions)
luxborealis

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »
ReplyReply

I like the contrast of the subtle tones and the foreground pathways leading to the background. However, the background is decidedly far away and there isn't a lot to "hold" me.

Have you considered making a black and white? The light-dark contrasts of foreground and sky, foreground and downed trees would perhaps be more compelling.

Terry McDonald
Revealing the art inherent in nature
- visit luxBorealis.com.
Have a read of my PhotoBlog and subscribe!
Lonnie Utah

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:39:40 AM »
ReplyReply

I can't tell what I'm looking at.
ckelly49

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »
ReplyReply

I like the contrast of the subtle tones and the foreground pathways leading to the background. However, the background is decidedly far away and there isn't a lot to "hold" me.

Have you considered making a black and white? The light-dark contrasts of foreground and sky, foreground and downed trees would perhaps be more compelling.

I do like the tones of the image in B&W, but not quite as much as i like the rainbow of color reflected in the steam above the spring.  Perhaps if I were to crop the image just above the rightmost cloud over the hill.  That might make it seem less 'vast' and bring the spring closer to the viewer.
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »
ReplyReply

It does not seem "grand" anymore. More like a puddle. What happened? Global warming? Drought?

P.S. You have a very strong chromatic aberration in the corners, rather distracting

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Paulo Bizarro

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 02:46:00 AM »
ReplyReply

As others have said, the trees are good at leading the eye further into the photo, but then, there is nothing much happening?

Also, to me the light is not very interesting, too much of mid-day.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad