Ad
Ad
Ad
Poll
Question: Which Platform Do You Use for Digital Image Processing? Why?
MAC OSX? - 11 (55%)
Windows? - 9 (45%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: MAC v. PC  (Read 3034 times)
mdbassman

« on: November 16, 2005, 09:18:06 AM »
ReplyReply

I am researching what platform people use in their digital imaging workflow. Editing, printing? Ease?
Thanks for your input!
Dan
mikeseb

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:10:21 AM »
ReplyReply

I originally switched windows to mac three years ago, prompted by the hideous torment of digital video capture/editing/DVD burning under windows 2000 at the time. I only began digital still image processing after the switch, so I don't know what it would have been like under any flavor of Windows.

Video on the Mac is a snap; the iLife software that gives you iDVD and iMovie are excellent for all but hi-end pro stuff; I have fewer hardware / driver issues under MacOS but find that OS upgrades are just as painful.

I plan to stick with Mac; looking forward to faster performance upgrades once they migrate to Intel processors.

michael sebastian
Website  |  Blog
kbolin

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 10:18:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Check out Apple Aperture at:

Apple Aperture

After you watch the Quicktime Profiles and Quick Tours you will have your question answered.

mdbassman

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 10:34:12 AM »
ReplyReply

Check out Apple Aperture at:

Apple Aperture

After you watch the Quicktime Profiles and Quick Tours you will have your question answered.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51417\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well my question is pretty much been answered but I would like other people's opinions so I can solidify my choice with an informed decision. Thanks for responding.
Dan
francofit

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 11:21:54 AM »
ReplyReply

I am researching what platform people use in their digital imaging workflow. Editing, printing? Ease?
Thanks for your input!
Dan
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In this forum there has already been a similar poll which should be of interest to your quest:  <[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5602&st=100] here [/url]>

Franco
mdbassman

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:16:54 PM »
ReplyReply

In this forum there has already been a similar poll which should be of interest to your quest:  < here >
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51423\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ciao Franco! Thanks for more info to digest!~
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad