Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: CR2025 Battery Question  (Read 2614 times)
eatstickyrice

« on: December 06, 2005, 01:55:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Quick question, I typically keep my 1D Mark II in a dry cabinet when not in use. I remembered recently that it has a CR2025 battery for keeping the date and time. From what I understand, it is generally a bad idea to keep batteries in a dry cabinet, as it will damage them. For this reason I have been keeping my batteries outside of the cabinet. So, my questions are 1. Should I be removing the CR2025 battery each time I put the camera away? 2. Would doing that also end up resetting the shutter count? and 3.) Where do the rest of you store your batteries?

Thanks,
Rick

ARD

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 06:25:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Quick question, I typically keep my 1D Mark II in a dry cabinet when not in use. I remembered recently that it has a CR2025 battery for keeping the date and time. From what I understand, it is generally a bad idea to keep batteries in a dry cabinet, as it will damage them. For this reason I have been keeping my batteries outside of the cabinet. So, my questions are 1. Should I be removing the CR2025 battery each time I put the camera away? 2. Would doing that also end up resetting the shutter count? and 3.) Where do the rest of you store your batteries?

Thanks,
Rick
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you storing the camera for months without using it then remove all batteries to save corrosion caused by the possabiltiy of them leaking. However, if it is for only a few days then I wouldn't worry about it.

You talk of a dry cabinet, what is this?
eatstickyrice

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 07:04:17 PM »
ReplyReply

a dry cabinet is a box for equipment that keeps humidity levels to a minimum, as to prevent growth of fungus inside equipment. With newer weather sealed equipment it is not typically a problem. However, since I live in the tropics, I want to be extra safe.

Rick

Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »
ReplyReply

There's nothing I'm aware of about dry storage conditions that will damage batteries. Excessive humidity can discharge a battery, and excessive temperatures can cause damage, but low humidity won't hurt a battery.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad