Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: New LLVJ subscriber: fabulous!  (Read 5483 times)
jimhuber

« on: December 08, 2005, 02:56:19 PM »
ReplyReply

I finally subscribed to LLVJ. I need a good tripod and some split ND filters (and some lenses, and flashes, and more vacation...), but I figure knowledge is more important than equipment, so instead I bought "The Big Kahuna": all the LLVJ issues to date plus a subscription for the next few.

I had planned to watch one disc per week for the next few months. Well, that didn't happen. I watched the first four back-to-back yesterday! Usually I never watch television, but this is great stuff. Now I REALLY need a good tripod and some split ND filters, plus a Wimberley SideKick, a guide for Canyon de Chelly, a raft trip through the Grand Canyon, ...

THANK YOU!
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 08:32:06 PM »
ReplyReply

I finally subscribed to LLVJ. I need a good tripod and some split ND filters (and some lenses, and flashes, and more vacation...), but I figure knowledge is more important than equipment, so instead I bought "The Big Kahuna": all the LLVJ issues to date plus a subscription for the next few.

I had planned to watch one disc per week for the next few months. Well, that didn't happen. I watched the first four back-to-back yesterday! Usually I never watch television, but this is great stuff. Now I REALLY need a good tripod and some split ND filters, plus a Wimberley SideKick, a guide for Canyon de Chelly, a raft trip through the Grand Canyon, ...

THANK YOU!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=53068\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Way to go, Jim! I did the same a few months ago and I consider it one of my best photographic investments ever.

But I should mention that when you get up to more recent issues, you'll find that there are digital techniques that can take the place of the split ND filters.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
boku

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 06:32:41 AM »
ReplyReply

but I figure knowledge is more important than equipment, so instead I bought "The Big Kahuna": all the LLVJ issues to date plus a subscription for the next few.

The paradox is that the LLVJ will make you go out and buy more equipment.  

Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...
Play it Straight and Play it True, my Brother.
BlasR

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 08:06:06 AM »
ReplyReply

The paradox is that the LLVJ will make you go out and buy more equipment. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=53128\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So get ready for more xmas present even if xmas passbye.  

BlasR

jimhuber

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »
ReplyReply

After watching "Contrast Control: Digital Blending" on issue #6 I no longer need split ND filters, so LLVJ paid for itself already.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad