Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: LCD Monitor Recommendations  (Read 440078 times)
BradSmith

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2007, 06:20:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Regarding recommendations for monitors:  West Coast Imaging is a digital printing service bureau located close to Yosemite. Owned and operated by Rich Seiling.  They print for many top landscape photographers.

On his blog, he has reported on his testing of an NEC 2690WUXI.  Before he received it, he was very enthusiastic about its specs and thought it might be the be-all, end-all of monitors.  His conclusion was that while it measures a wider gamut, in the real world, it makes little or no difference.  He also had problems getting, in his words, "a perfect one".  Had to get 5 replacements before he had one that didn't have dropped pixels, backlight bleeding, etc.

He says this prompted him to go try a new (or recent) Apple Cinema 23" at about half the cost of the 26" NEC.  He reported that the Apple was as accurate as the NEC and the NEC offered no visual advantage.

Here's the link:

http://westcoastimaging.blogspot.com/2007/...ma-display.html
digitaldog

« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2007, 07:10:49 PM »
ReplyReply

On his blog, he has reported on his testing of an NEC 2690WUXI.  Before he received it, he was very enthusiastic about its specs and thought it might be the be-all, end-all of monitors.  His conclusion was that while it measures a wider gamut, in the real world, it makes little or no difference.

Well I can tell you I have all kinds of images that fall outside of sRGB.

I can tell you his testing methods are not the same as Karl's! If he's using 900  samples and a $20K Spectroradiometer to make these conclusions, we should get him and Karl to talk.

The NEC 2490 (sRGB) unit scored even higher in Karl's tests. Maybe he needs that unit. But for those that do need a wider gamut display, this one is hard to beat.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:13:44 PM by digitaldog » Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
mistybreeze

« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Note that Neoprinter isn't Karl! I don't know who Neoprinter is, but Karl hasn't posted here, if he did, he'd be using Illuminant as his alias.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148861\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I see you are correct, thank you. Neoprinter took a quote from the Betterlight forum and given the way it was presented, it seemed that Neoprinter was the "I" in the Betterlight quote. I stand corrected.
Hendrik

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2007, 09:25:17 AM »
ReplyReply

If Karl has his own website, someone happen to know his url?
digitaldog

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
ReplyReply

If Karl has his own website, someone happen to know his url?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

lumita.com/

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad